HOW IT ALL BEGAN
For over 75 years, Christ Community Church has been a light to the community of Fort Myers, while maintaining a strong missions focus overseas. We give praise to God for His hand of blessing since our earliest days.
Christ Community Church began in 1933 as the result of tent meetings that were held in downtown Fort Myers. It became an officially organized church in February of 1937. The original name was The Christian & Missionary Alliance Church of Fort Myers. A corner lot was purchased for $100 and the men of the church constructed a building for the people to meet at a cost of $1,591. For many years the church was located on First Street in downtown Fort Myers and in the 1980’s we moved to Colonial Blvd, also in Fort Myers.
Christ Community belongs to The Christian & Missionary Alliance, an association of over 18,000 churches around the world. The C&MA is an alliance of evangelical believers, joined together in local churches, committed to fulfilling the Great Commission given by our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19- 20. Today, we are a growing missionary denomination committed to evangelism around the world through church planting, with churches in 66 countries and territories. For more information about the Christian & Missionary Alliance, click on the image below.